Zynked is an internal Token product, developed by our innovation lab in the early days of the App Store when our designers and engineers couldn’t find a satisfactory RSS app. Hundreds of RSS readers were available for iPhone but we were looking for something with more robust sharing and discovery features and a higher level of overall usability. So we decided to make our own.
The Zynked application for iPhone and iPad was designed to take the concept of RSS readers to the next level. Zynked enables users to collect and sync digital ink from around the web with a higher level of sharing, customization, and discovery features than any other RSS apps available at the time of launch. Zynked users ere able to group and categorize favorite blogs, websites and Twitter feeds and to share interesting content from those sources via email, Twitter, Facebook and other social outlets.
What else set Zynked apart from other RSS / News aggregators?
• An intuitive and customizable interface
• A helpful “Hints” mode to get you started quickly
• Multiple ways to view your feeds
• Intuitive auto RSS / feed discovery
• Instant access to pre-populated channels filled with suggested top blogs from around the web.
Zynked’s many features include:
• Easy synch with your Google Reader account
• Search feeds by keyword or phrase
• Helpful “Tips” mode
• Share stories with friends via email, Twitter or Facebook, all without leaving the Zynked interface!
• Pre-set channels populated with the best feeds on the web
• View story as images-only for image-heavy sites
• Intuitive feed discovery – enter a URL and Zynked automatically discovers its RSS feed/feeds
One of the most robust and popular social/news reader app in the app store, Zynked boasted 1000s of active daily users at its peak of popularity before going on hiatus in late 2011. A new and improved Zynked is in the works and will make its app store debut in 2013!